Thursday, December 29, 2011

OBIEE 11G: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException

Recently I installed OBIEE 11G in my laptop (simple install) with Windows 7. When I start BI Services from START, my weblogic throws this error before shutting down:  

weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.  

First Weblogic log file is located at:
C:\BI11g\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\AdminServer\logs

During installation I configured to put all my BI stuff in BI11g folder in C: drive. Hence this is the root folder of my BI installation. Anyway, this log files tells the errors above in bold, in more readable format than digging through tonnes of lines in command prompt.

I Googled around and came across someone in OTN forum who had the same issues. Turns out there may be something wrong in some boot.properties file.

The boot.properties is located at:  
C:\BI11g\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\AdminServer\security

This file only has 3 lines the 2nd and 3rd being the weblogic username and password. I had a stray "/" in password which I removed.

Then I restarted the BI Services and it works now. If you go back to your boot.properties files again, you'll notice that your Weblogic username and password is now hashed.

SOURCE:
https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2241882



1 comment: